It’s Safer Sleep Week!
It's Safer Sleep Week and to support our charity partner, The Lullaby Trust, we have teamed up with their other partners The Gro Company and Kiddy to run an amazing competition to win over £600 of goodies!
Safer Sleep Week is The Lullaby Trust’s national awareness campaign targeting anyone looking after a young baby.
From the 13-19 March 2017 The Lullaby Trust and their partners aim to make sure parents in the UK know the importance of safer sleep and are aware of how to reduce the chance of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) is the sudden and unexpected death of a baby where no cause is found. While SIDS is rare, it can still happen and there are steps parents can take to help reduce the chance of this tragedy occurring.
You should follow the advice for all sleep periods not just at night.
Things you can do…
- Always place your baby on their back to sleep.
- Keep your baby smoke free during pregnancy and after birth.
- Breastfeed your baby.
- Place your baby to sleep in a separate cot or Moses basket in the same room as you for the first 6 months.
- Use a firm, flat, waterproof mattress in good condition.
Things to avoid…
- Never sleep on a sofa or in an armchair with your baby.
- Don’t sleep in the same bed as your baby if you smoke, have drunk alcohol, have taken drugs or medication or are extremely tired, or if your baby was born prematurely or was of low birth weight
- Avoid letting your baby get too hot.
- Don’t cover your baby’s face or head whilst sleeping or use loose bedding.
- To avoid accidents remove all pillows, cot bumpers and soft toys from the cot
Win a Safer Sleep Bundle worth over £600!
We have teamed up with The Gro company and Kiddy, who are also partners of the Lullaby Trust, to offer you the chance to win an amazing bundle of prizes for baby to sleep safely and soundly in.
To enter, please go to The Gro Company Facebook page. Good luck everyone!